Technology is our bread-and-butter! We build things, we break things, we fix things, we reinvent things and we love things that are automated.
This is why we’re somewhat proud about the following (tech-) numbers that we can share:
- We have 2 billion monthly unique visitors
- Each day our systems generate more than 3TB of data
- Overall we have monetized more than 80 million domains on our platform
- The aggregated statistics of TONIC. (Advertiser) are delivered by an Amazon Aurora database that has more than 25 TB of data
- As we don’t believe in “one size fits all”, we’re using multiple approaches for the different tech challenges! We are not only doing on-premises and AWS, but also using different database technologies (MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Aurora, Amazon Redshift and our self-built “Scalecache”)
- We have baremetal servers in 2 different hosting facilities and AWS instances in more than 10 regions worldwide
But we don’t stop here and also use different programming languages for the specific problems we’re facing (“pick the right tool for the job”) like PHP, node.js, Go and C++.
Talks about our Technology Stack
If you want to learn more about what we do you should watch the following presentations recorded at various conferences:
Click here to load the videos. – Attention: By doing so, your browser will connect to www.youtube-nocookie.com and reveal your IP address and probably more to them.